On Saturday, it was our extended family’s annual summer gathering . . .
* We enjoyed the most delicious food (including the delightful fruit salad you see above, which was made by one of my daughters).
* We talked a lot and laughed ’til we cried. (This is quite a witty bunch that includes several “should-have-been” comedians!)
* We celebrated a birthday (for Sir Beads)! He got all the candles out with one breath, so hopefully his wish will come true!
* We sorely missed the ones who could not make it that day. (As the kids grow into adults – jobs and marriages take them to other corners of the world and it gets harder and harder to have the entire clan in one place on the same day.)
* We cherished the chance to smooch and play with the newest member of our family, who is now 15 months old and absolutely thriving after a very rocky start in this life. (Did I mention he is the smartest most handsome baby – ever!?!) Lol
* We all agreed it was the best party! (Of course, we say that every year. )
The long ride home seemed very short. After such a wonderful day, there was lots to remember and chat about . . .
We’re already looking forward to next time.
Hope you have a chance to spend a fun summer day with people you love!