On Saturday, it was our extended family’s annual summer gathering . . .
* We were so lucky to have nice weather – not too hot and no rain (even though the sun played peek-a-boo all day long).
* We enjoyed the most delicious food (including the delightful fruit salad you see above, which was made by one of my daughters).
* We talked a lot and laughed ’til we cried. (This is quite a witty bunch that includes several “should-have-been” comedians!)
* We celebrated a birthday (for Sir Beads)! He got all the candles out with one breath, so hopefully his wish will come true!
* We sorely missed the ones who could not make it that day. (As the kids grow into adults – jobs and marriages take them to other corners of the world and it gets harder and harder to have the entire clan in one place on the same day.)
* We cherished the chance to smooch and play with the newest member of our family, who is now 15 months old and absolutely thriving after a very rocky start in this life. (Did I mention he is the smartest most handsome baby – ever!?!) Lol
* We all agreed it was the best party! (Of course, we say that every year. 😉 )
The long ride home seemed very short. After such a wonderful day, there was lots to remember and chat about . . .
We’re already looking forward to next time.
Hope you have a chance to spend a fun summer day with people you love! 😀
I have to admit that we have a rather eclectic decorating style at our house.
We’re a little bit country and a little bit rock and roll . . . oh no, wait! – that’s Donny and Marie. 😉
Did I just date myself? (LOL) If you’re too young to know who they are, you could google them.)
One connecting thread in our decorating, though, is our love for vintage items. When we first moved into our home, we decided to make a “gallery wall”. We began with old prints in interesting vintage frames.
Eventually, we included a treasured collection of very old family photos from several generations.
Over the years, we’ve even added a few contemporary pictures, and this blend of “old and new” is on display in our front entryway. The arrangement continues to expand and it’s such fun to be able to enjoy photos that would otherwise be stored in boxes and albums.
You may prefer a more modern, or a more formal, or perhaps a more whimsical look!
The best thing about a “gallery wall” is that it can feature all the things you love in whatever “theme” you choose.
I took a quick look online and found a cool link (click here) with nine different versions of a gallery wall. Be sure to scroll down the page to see all of them!!!
How do you decorate your space? 🙂