In the spirit of some holiday fun, here are:
Crystal’s Top 5 Things to Love About Thanksgiving
1. The incredible aroma wafting through the house as the meal is prepared!
2. Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade – so comforting to have it on in the background while bustling in the kitchen. It’s been part of Thanksgiving in my home since I was a little kid!
3. Pumpkin Pie!!!!! In general, I could live without desserts if I had to. Sure, I like them, but it’s the main part of any meal that I enjoy most. However, I am CRAZY about Pumpkin Pie!
4. It’s a long weekend! (Hope it is for you, too.)
5. Leftovers! Is there anything better than a turkey sandwich the day after Thanksgiving? Well, maybe a turkey sandwich that’s made with a little stuffing and cranberry sauce!
I’m thankful for you! May those who celebrate Thanksgiving have a day filled with love, serenity, and lots of good food. And may all of us have a great weekend. 🙂
See you on Monday!
My favorite thing about Thanksgiving is the turkey! Why isn’t turkey sold more the rest of the year? I even see people running it down as boring or tasteless. But a good turkey cooked right is a thing of glory!
And I intend to wallow in turkey goodness tomorrow, and for days to come! Good eating to everyone!
I just love having family around. Five of the nine were here last night, so we laugh, help cook, eat and play together.
Well, I agree with your list except #1. I’ll have to make that the DRESSING! I’m not crazy for turkey but me loves that dressing!! and gravy~
Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends here.
I’m looking forward to seeing my family, since this is the only time almost everyone can make it. I wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving and I’m counting many blessings this year. Take Care everyone.
Happy Thanksgiving Crystal! I love turkey sandwiches with a slice of cranberry sauce and a bit of mayo.
I thought I was going to be a little piggy today, but after all the cooking…I didn’t really eat that much…
Dessert hasn’t been served yet so only time will tell the damage.
Growing up, we never ate poultry at our house, my dad detested it. (Still does, no chicken or turkey. I can remember as a young child going to KFC when he went out of town, it was a treat!) We would have turkey when we went to my grandmother’s, but she would also make a ham for my dad. Yesterday, we went to my parents’ house for Thanksgiving, and just had ham. (Actually, I didn’t have ham, I have been a vegetarian for over 20 years, so I just eat the side dishes! I love the stuffing & cranberry sauce. My sister is a vegan, she will be here for Christmas, we always come up with some vegan versions of dishes. One year, she made a to-furkey, it was not very good. Ironically, my parents raise beef cattle!)
Hope everyone had a great holiday & is enjoying the long weekend!
I hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving, Sweetie! I LOVE pumpkin pie too, with a big blob of some sort of whipped goodness on top! Gluttony is allowed on the holidays! xoxo Paulette