As I mentioned yesterday, I’ve been thinking about new ideas for the weekly giveaway! 😀
Some have asked me why I have a giveaway every week. Well… I do it as a way for people to find this little blog among the countless others out there in cyberspace.
Most of my regular readers first came here to enter a giveaway, and then returned time and time again. I’ve met many warm and wonderful people who have genuinely enriched my life. And along the way, I’ve also discovered that I truly enjoy the chance to brighten someone’s day by telling her she won for the week and then sending her the prize. It’s been a delight to have the opportunity to communicate with winners around the world – most of whom I never would have had the chance to meet had it not been for my giveaways.
If you are a new reader – welcome!
If you’re a regular reader, you know that for the past year, on every Monday, I’ve asked a couple of questions which could be answered for chances to enter the giveaway. Many of you have mentioned that it’s fun to answer those questions and that you like to see how other readers will answer them, as well.
But, to quote the old saying, “Variety is the spice of life”. So, would you mind expressing your thoughts on some of the following ideas I’ve been considering as ways to add more fun to the giveaway contests?
1. Should we keep the weekly questions for some weeks and then think of another way to enter for the other weeks?
2. Instead of 1 prize per week, do you wish there were 2 or 3 prizes so it might give you a better chance to win? For example, instead of one pair of earrings or a necklace with all sterling silver findings and rare vintage beads, would it be better to have 2 or 3 items with silver-plated findings and less rare (but still high quality) beads, sometimes?
3. Would you like the weekly prize to be a colorful assortment of beads from time to time?
4. Would you enjoy a gift certificate to my bead shop as a prize?
5. Would you be interested in creating a design with free beads that I would send to you – with the condition that you make something with them within one week, and then email me a photo of your creation to post on the blog?
6. Would you be further enticed to do #5 if after the photos came in, we all voted on the best design for that week, and that person got a $25.00 gift certificate to spend in my bead shop?
7. In general, do you like the random winner every week or would you think it was fun to have the winner be chosen based on the best comment for that week? Or someone who guessed the right answer to a question?
So, what do you think? All input is welcome. If you have an additional idea, please suggest it!
I’m looking forward to your opinions. 🙂