Do you remember when Trivial Pursuit first came on the scene?
We used to play frequently and, as it turned out, I was pretty good at it.
In fact, my family loved to tease that I must be “secretly studying the questions ahead of time”, LOL!
This edition of Lucky Seven features 7 Bits of Trivia
And I swear I only knew #2 and #4, before today. 😉
1. Every time you lick a stamp, you’re consuming 1/10 of a calorie.
2. The phrase “sleep tight” is based on the fact that early mattresses were filled with straw and held up with rope, which was firmly stretched across the bed frame. A tight sleep was a comfortable sleep.
3. An ostrich’s eye is bigger than its brain.
4. The phrase “rule of thumb” is derived from an old English law, which stated that you couldn’t beat your wife with anything wider than your thumb.
5. A group of frogs is called an army. A group of rhinos is called a crash. A group of kangaroos is called a mob.
6.111,111,111 x 111,111,111=12,345,678,987,654,321
7. Cats have over one hundred vocal sounds, while dogs only have about ten.
Do you have a favorite game?
Or maybe another bit of trivia to share with us? 😉
Well, I didn’t know one.
I have never played trivia pursuit. The kids play board games. The adults and kids play a version of Aggravation. Terry made the board about 35 years ago drilling holes into a piece of countertop. You know the piece they cut out for the sink. (We used to sell them at craft shows). We call it THE CRAZY MARBLE GAME. However, I warn you, if you play as Terry’s partner, if you want, you can sit back, keep your mouth shut and watch the action because he gets excited and plays your turn for you! LOL. Seriously, thats why its The Crazy Marble Game! cause Terry gets crazy!
We also like to play cards and most often its Euchre. The boys like chess. We all like to put together 1000 piece jigsaw puzzles. Sometimes I set up a card table with one. Various times of the day, someone may be sitting there fitting pieces for a quiet moment.
Have a playful day!!
When I was a kid we played Monopoly all the time – I was terrible at it! I always lost. Of course I was the youngest playing – hummm – now I get it!
I loved any kind of card games.
We played Monopoly and my mom’s
favourite, Crokinole. And lots of crazy
eights card games.
Thanks for the Lucky Seven – they were
fun to read.
1 Is the average banana: (a) male; (b) female; or (c) confused?
A: Female. In fact, all bananas start out as female flowers on a banana tree. The female flowers turn into bananas. The male flowers don’t do anything
2. The glue on Israeli postage stamps is certified kosher.
3. Mel Blanc (the voice of Bugs Bunny) was allergic to carrots.
4. Ivory bar soap floating was a mistake. They had been overmixing the soap formula causing excess air bubbles that made it float. Customers wrote and told how much they loved that it floated, and it has floated ever since.
5. The elephant is the only animal with 4 knees
6. Today is National Zip Code Day, the U.S. Post office introduced the Zone Improvement Plan (Zip codes) in 1963 Happy Zip Code Day, everyone!!!
7. SEVEN SEAS: Indian, North Pacific, South Pacific, Antarctic, Arctic, North Atlantic and South Atlantic.
Oh I love trivial pursuit! We always used to play it on New Years Eve every year (special disney trivia cards for the kids!)
One of my favorite games is a card game called Set – not that many people have heard of it. No one ever wants to play it with me though because I’m REALLY good at it 🙂
I always begged everyone to play Monopoly with me and nobody ever wanted to. Also liked to play Yahtzee.
I didn’t know any of those Crystal! … Carol’s answer was so funny! … I used to like a game called Boggle, and Monopoly. I was always the iron in Monopoly…that’s funny for someone who hates to iron! Hee hee hee! xoxo Paulette 🙂
I remember the game Trouble:)
Wow, i am into your facts,very interesting especially the 111 one.
I like it because my bday is 1/11.
My mom thought about numbers too because with my bday 11 and my brother’s the next born bday the 2,she multiplied ours(11 x’s 2) and got my other brother who was born on the 22nd. (not the same month but o well)
hmm well anyway i thought about that,thanks for letting me share:)
You know i will visit again(i did forget ginger name once though~hugs